Saturday, June 20, 2009

I've realized how important some people are in your life. I sat with my mom today and realized something. I'm not worried of John ever leaving. We've been friends for almost 3 years, and he's never left. Not once did he threaten to leave me, he's always been honest with me, and I've always had the ability to be honest with him. I've said things he didn't like, I've made decisions he hasn't agreed with, but he's never left my side, never diminished the amount of support he's given me over the years. And I love him for that. I love him more than a lover could love someone they're intimate with. I love him in a different way that I've loved anyone else. He's there. No matter what. He's there to pick up the pieces. I remember when Kyle ditched me at a party once, near the end of our relationship. John came over and watched True Life with me all night. I remember when he found that ridiculous thing on on demand that was just a fireplace crackling and he held me for no reason and we fell asleep. I remember when I lived with Kyle and talked about John my sleep. And I remember the times he's made love to me, held me with my face against his chest. Protective. And the other night, when he said he wanted to leave chicago. I remember thinking in my head how everyone wants to leave, leave me. And instead he said to Dean "and ill just take her with me".

No comments:

Post a Comment